Publish Your Game
If you are looking for publishing your HTML5 based game on PlayPointGames please read the following guidelines. We are offering a revenue share model based on the popularity of your game. To avoid possible abuse, we are not revealing the exact parameters for determining the 'popularity'. Suffice to say we have certain procedures in place which try to distinguish genuine, engaged players from bots and/or fake traffic.
To get your game published it must go through our verification process. This service is free, if you are submitting only one game at a time. Verification may take up to 60 days depending on the current situation in the verification queue and game type. Simple games requiring no access to external URL's may take considerably less time.
Starting the verification process can be made only by registered members. If you are interested, open a support case and select appropriate topic to get things going.
- We do not guarantee that your game will pass the verification process and we may reject a game based on our sole discretion. To increase the chances of passing see our Guidelines
- We may remove any game at any time from our service based on our sole discretion.
- The verification process may take up to 60 days.
- If you want to submit another game while you have at least one active verification case, we deduct a fee of 300 points (equivalent to US $30) from your PPG account.
- You can also voluntarily pay the 300 point fee to accelerate the verification process for a guaranteed reply in 20 days. Paying the fee does not affect the criteria for accepting the game!
- You may not imply, directly or indirectly, that you work with PlayPointGames.com or its staff or have any affiliation or association with us.
- Please do not approach us with game ideas or support requests regarding game design. While we probably could help, we simply lack the resources for it.
Payouts and Revenue Share Model
- You can estimate your revenue based on the popularity of your game (log in to see the statistics)
- We split the revenue generated by your game. Your share is 80, we take 20 to cover the cost of upkeep, maintenance and advertising.
- The accumulated revenue is transferred on your PlayPointGames.com account monthly after we have verified that your game has been played by genuine players.
- The cut-off date for calculating the revenue is the ending of a calendar month.
- If at any point we discover that any game session is fraudulent, we reserve the right to freeze your account for inspection.
If we determine that you have generated fraudulent traffic, used bots or acted in bad faith or caused financial harm to PlayPointGames.com (knowingly or unknowingly) we reserve the right to remove your account and confiscate all accumulated PPG points.
The game must fulfil the following requirements when applicable:
- Attach handler to Window.blur and respond to it by pausing the game.
- Attach handler to Window.DOMContentLoaded to make sure there are no unpredictable glitches because the HTML content is not loaded before you start the game.
- Attach handler to Window.click and preferrably ask for user interaction with a message ('click to play', etc.) before attempting to play videos or sounds.
- Currently the ONLY accepted file format types are: html, js, json, hjson, css, png, jpg, webp, avif, mp3, wav. If your game contains references to any other kind of file format, it will be rejected.
- Recommended resolution is 1152 x 648 pixels. The window will automatically switch to portrait mode on mobile and landscape on desktop.
- Use minimized or compressed game asset files to conserve bandwidth and load up faster.
- Do NOT link to external URL's in your game code or try to access 3rd party services. We would like to host all your required game files.
Following these guidelines help you to increasing your chances of getting your game verified and getting your revenue share payouts running smoothly.
- Use only original and/or 3rd party material which you hold the license/copyright for when creating your game and assets.
- Do not suggest, promote or encourage illegal activities of any kind.
- Avoid use of excessive violence, strong language and controversial themes, for example making political or religious statements (direct or indirect) in your game.
- Make a game which stands out from existing games. If it resembles an existing game, use different graphics style or twist in game mechanics.
- The player should be able to complete the game within one hour or split it into levels which can be completed in about 5-10 minutes.
- Try to fit all your game content in 10MB or less.
- Consider making your game playable on mobile and adapt to different screen sizes.